Daughter of the Moon’s Online Store Open For Business– Featured Item: Redness Reducing Facial Toner 99% Organic
Today try writing a list of 10 things that trouble you. Then write a list of 10 things that you are grateful for. Compare… & smile =)
I think you’ll find that like me your list of troubles are out of your control, & so for me, that brought the smile on–knowing that I had to let go of those things because they were only causing me harm.
Here’s my list to get you going:
1. It’s hard to breathe: my nose is so very congested after we got rained out of our booth at an October Fest.
2. That NY is so expensive to live.
3. That I spend $150 on gas per week.
4. That I, and I quote from a mock argument with my partner, “I am a good cook; I just can’t boil.” Yes, I’m serious, I always seem to multi-task & boil over onto the new stove top.
5. That there are not enough hours in the day to get through my ‘to-do’ lists.
6. Alright, I’ll say it, I let “war in the middle east” take up space in my head. I know I have no control, & I sound like a beauty queen asking the audience for world peace, but it still scares me when I think about the fear of bombings in the street.
7. That I did not get out to the zoo or on vacation this summer although we had ‘every intention’ the days just got away from us.
8. That I feel constantly pulled by work, parenting, the illustrious ‘me’ time, & maintaining a home. I suppose I am just yet learning the give & take of balance.
9. That people I loved have passed without warning, without reason, so young.
10. That my basement apartment in the winter is a little depressing, less light everywhere & such.
1. My daughter is healthy.
2. I only have a little cold today, not the flu.
3. My fridge is full of pre-made food so I don’t need to cook again for a few days. That means I get 2 extra hours to relax with a cup of tea & play puzzles on the floor with the little one.
4. That I have inherited my mother’s beloved truck after she passed & I smile each time I drive it & think of happy memories driving together.
5. That I have such a loving partner who supports me in what I choose to endeavor into, brings me coffee in the morning, & makes me laugh all day long.
6. That I have such a thoughtful daughter who is truly coming into her own at 4 & I’m so happy with who she is becoming.
7. Blue skies & cool air that carries the crispness of autumn & the warmness of families with the smell of burning wood in fireplaces.
8. Grateful that I continue to try a little more each day, to read an extra story, to plan an extra movie night, to do just a little more to try & bring family, work, & play all together in balance. Although I certainly am not great at it yet, I am grateful that I keep going, never taking the easy way out.
9. That my mother, before she passed, met my daughter.
10. That I have an roof over my head, even if it is just an apartment, I know that in time & it’ll be that nice house I day dream about.